Georgian clubs "Chikhura" (Sachkhere) and "Sioni" started on Thursday, July 3, in the first qualifying round of the Europa League UEFA-2014/2015.
" Chikhura " met "Turnovo" in Skopje (Macedonia). The match began at 8 p.m. Tbilisi time. Judged game Hungarian team led by chief arbiter Adam Nemeth. Game ended by winning of Georgian team 1-0.
Another Georgian team - "Sioni" played in Tbilisi at the stadium. Mikhail Meskhi with Albanian "Flamurtari". The match started at 21:00.
Repeated meetings will be held on July 10. In the event of the next stage, the rival of "Sioni" will be Romanian club "Petrolul" and team "Chikhura" - Turkish "Bursaspor".
Fights of the second qualifying round will be held on July, 17 and 24. From this point begins performances of the club "Zestafoni", which will be the winner of the rival couple "Hibernians" (Malta) - Spartak Trnava (Slovakia). First game will be held on the opponent's field.
Winners of the 40 two-legged duels subsequently will be joined by 18 clubs, who got pass in the third qualifying round. Totally for a place in the final, which will be held on May 27, 2015 on "National Stadium" in Warsaw, the fight will be lead by 195 clubs, including eight teams taking third place in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
Latest from Oli Pipia
- Baku and Tbilisi discussed issue of investment in the reconstruction of Georgia's highways
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- Georgian parliament begins debate of the draft bill "On the State Language"
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba